unrealized scripts

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Them Giles Boys: Drugs is Bad Edition (Part 1)

My brother and I made two installments of a comic strip about Marcus and Brian Giles occasionally fighting crime. I wrote scripts for a few more that were never drawn. Here's the first of a planned five-part anti-drug series.

panel 1.
Marcus rushes into the kitchen, where Brian sits at a table, eating a sandwich. Marcus says, “These streets are filled with drugs!”.

Panel 2.
Close-up of drugs in Marcus’s hand

Panel 3.
Brian is standing left of panel, gritting his teeth, looking at drugs in Marcus’s hand. Marcus is on the right. Brian says “Where did you get these?” Marcus answers, “the streets! They’re filled with ‘em!”

Panel 4.
They’re on the streets. Little kids lie drugged up on the sidewalk. Marcus says “look at all these kids!”
Brian says “Damnit…”

Panel 5.
Close up on Brian’s tense face. He squints like Clint Eastwood and says “… the only thing I hate more than hugs is drugs.”

Panel 6.
Marcus holds up a kid by the t-shirt. The kid looks drugged up – smiles lazily, eyes twirling around. He wears a shirt that says “I (heart) drugs”. Marcus says, “It’s Petey, the Batboy!”

Panel 7.
Brian is holding Petey up by the shoulders. Brian asks Petey, “Petey, who gave you these drugs?” Petey says, “Mr. C!” Make this a side-view, with Brian on the left, Petey on the right.

Panel 8.
Marcus holds Petey up against a wall, holding him up by the front of his t-shirt.Marcus says to Petey – “Mr. C? Who is he? Where can we find him?” Reverse image of previous panel – Petey on the left, Marcus on the right.

Panel 9.
Petey, alone in panel, points to a hotel that’s behind him. Petey says, “He’s in that hotel”.

Panel 10.
Same viewpoint as panel 9 – petey alone with hotel in background. Petey grabs his head and says “Oh dude – I’m dying…”

Panel 11.
Petey lies on sidewalk, dead. Marcus kneels next to him, holding up Petey’s head. Marcus looks up at Brian and says, “He’s dead, Brian! The drugs killed Petey!”

Panel 12.
close-up of Brian, similar to panel 5. He says “One-nothing, drugs.”

Panel 13.
Brian, on the right side of the panel, looks like he’s about to start running. He’s pointing at the hotel. Marcus stands on the left side of the panel. Brian says, “C’mon, little brother – we’ve got to go hit one drug-dealer out of the park!” Put a little “to be continued!” box at the bottom of this panel.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to get Graham to print this up at Kinko's and then Rip and I will pass them out at the Braves game.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger darkness said…

    Excellent. Let me get my bro to draw it up first, though. I can send you the two we finished, but they're pretty damn weak.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger caddy said…

    i love love love this idea!!!!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is some seriously great stuff. Hilary put me on to it. I had an idea re: Mr. C, but I don't want to babble about it on your comments page. Write me at info (at) thunderegg (dot) org if you're curious. And keep up the good work. I hope this becomes a reality. Well, the Giles brothers fighting evil IS a reality...but I hope the comic book becomes a reality, too.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shoot. I meant Hillary with two l's. Sorry Hillary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home